1. �Statistics and Society,� talk given at the Annual Departmental Outreach Programme to Junior College students, 1993.
2. �Statistics,� a 10-minute weekly morning series aired by FM100.3 Hearts, NTUC Radio Station, 1994 (In Mandarin).
3. �Statistical Reporting in Local Newspapers,� talk given at Temasek Junior College, 1996.
4. �Use and Misuse of Statistics,� talk given at the Annual Departmental Outreach Programme to Junior College students, 1997.
5. “What Does a Statistical Consultant Actually Do?” talk given at Temasek Junior College, 2000.
6. “Statistical Science: Opportunities in the Pharmaceutical Industry,” talk given at Science Focus 2001 organized by Ministry of Education and Faculty of Science, NUS.
7. Judge of the National Junior Robotics Competition 2001.
8. �Sampling Methodology and Survey Organisation,� a training course given to the new employees of Department of Statistics, Ministry of Trade and Industry, 1997-2004.
9. �How to Distinguish Between Good and Bad Surveys,� talk given to the staff of Research and Statistical Unit, IDA, 2001.
10. Interview granted for news article on Toto, 4D and Big Sweep for Lianhe Wanbao, 16 and 17, February 2002.
11. Panel member for the validation of Specialist Diploma in Statistics & Information Management course, Singapore Polytechnic, 2002.
12. �How to Distinguish Between Good and Bad Surveys,� an evening public talk organized by Singapore Institute of Statistics at the Learning Festival 2002.
13. �Number Talks, But What Exactly Does It Say,� (数字会说话） talk presented at Foon Yew High School, Johor Bahru, February 2004. (In mandarin)
14. �Number Talks, But What Exactly Does It Say,� (数字会说话）talk presented at Chong Hwa Independent High School, Kuala Lumpur, May, 2004. (In Mandarin)
15. “Number Talks,” talk presented at Singapore Science Centre in conjunction with Singapore Poster Competition 2004, September 2004.
16. �Statistics makes the numbers talk,� （统计 让数字说话）talk presented to mathematics teacher of Foon Yew High School, Johor Bahru, October 2004. (In Mandarin)
17. �The Art of Data Collection in Observational Studies,� talk presented to science teachers of Chinese High School, January 2005.
18. �A Personal Experience as SAS User,� talk presented at SAS Asia Pacific on Asia Pacific Industry Days, 17 January 2005.
19. �What the Numbers Say,� talk presented at Yishun Junior College, April, 2005.
20. �What the Numbers Say,� talk presented at River Valley High School, May, 2005.
21. �Statistical Designs for Scientific Research,� talk presented to students who participate at the Sunburst Youth Camp, December 12, 2005.
22. �What is Statistical Poster?� talk presented at Catholic High School, 2006.
23. �How to Design a Survey,� talk presented at Statistics Camp, June 2006.
24. �The Quantitative Information Age,� talk presented at Science Centre, September 2006.
25. Assistant Treasurer, Singapore Institute of Statistics, 1997.
26. Honorary Secretary, Local Organising Committee of the Fifth International Conference on Teaching Statistics, 1998.
27. Honorary Treasurer, Local Organising Committee of the Fifth International Conference on Teaching Statistics, 1998.
28. Honorary Treasurer, Singapore Institute of Statistics, 1998.
29. President, Singapore Institute of Statistics, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004.
30. Member of Census 2000 Technical Advisory Committee, 1999/2000.
31. Member of Census Working Group on Sampling, 1999/2000.
32. Editorial Collaborator, Survey Methodology, 1989.
33. Editorial Collaborator, Biometrics, 1993.
34. Editorial Collaborator, Biometrical Journal, 2000, 2001.
35. Editorial Collaborator, Psychometrika, 2001.
36. Editorial Collaborator, Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics, 2001.
37. Editorial Collaborator, Statistical Papers, 2002.
38. Editorial Collaborator, Communications in Statistics: Theory and Methods, 2003.
39. Editorial Collaborator, Metrika, 2004.
40. Editorial Collaborator, Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics, 2004.